Looking for the best visitor’s insurance in Canada? Here are some tips
Canada has always been a welcoming country for global travellers and visitors. Whether it’s the hospitality or medical facilities, we always try to make all our visitors feel at home. That’s why thousands of global citizens come to the maple leaf country to have a taste of what we offer. However, international travel had come to a complete halt in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now that it has slowly begun to restart, Canada has also changed their visitor insurance policy. If you are planning to come to Canada, you should know some things about visitor’s insurance policies that can help you choose the best one.
- Go shopping: Before you apply for travel insurance, make sure you search the market for all available options. You are looking for the best one possible and an insurer who will listen to all your requirements and never rush to complete the paperwork. Always ask for a quote and then compare.
- Check for all the latest updates in Covid norms- With several new strains, the Covid criteria have also changed from time to time. Make sure to meet them all before you apply for your travel visa or insurance. Also, check if the insurance policy you’re using offers Covid-19 coverage during your stay in Canada. Resolve all the queries you may have before signing the dotted line.
- Medical coverage: Alongside the Covid-19 range, your visitor’s insurance should include general medical coverage that will have pre-existing medical coverage. You should know that if you don’t have medical insurance, you will have to pay out of pocket, which might get very costly for you.
- Travel cancellation- Consider this part as well. If your travel is cancelled for some reason, you can get back a part of the amount you had paid with your insurance.
- Opt for Supre visa insurance Canada: This is the best option if you’re a Canadian resident’s parent or grandparent. The visa is valid for ten years, and on a single-entry, you can stay for a maximum of 2 years. This saves you from hassles for visa renewals, and you get to spend more quality time with your dear ones.
When looking for visitor’s insurance, always get in touch with your local travel insurer if you’re not that confidant about what policy you should opt for. Contact them, and they will be more than happy to help you and make a well-informed decision.